[gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?

I don't think these ideas make good use of Gopher's major differences
from the Web. Gopher is not hypertext; it doesn't need the
"full-window box" arrangements we have for websites. Since Gopher is a
hierarchy, I would imagine a series of columns, with the most recent
list you viewed on the right, so that you can glance back at previous
pages as you move through the links. Text, images, and HTML, of
course, should get a full 80 columns-- perhaps they could be displayed
in an adjustable panel beneath the hierarchy, like in e-mail.
Something like this would be great for casual browsing:

 ______________________________
|_File___Help________________X_|
| [1] Images     | [1] Fiction |
| [2] eTexts --> | [2] Sci-fi  |