[gopher] Re: Gopher novice question

I ran gdb to see what's happening. I found a very simple fact: connect()
didn't return, when accessing an inaccessible server.
For example, I could not reach the ip address: 128.101.103.43 (found for "
gopher.tc.umn.edu") at least from my machine. I confirmed it by trying it
with telnet. It didn't return.

To stop accessing the server, I input Control-c, as I could not imagine
anything else.
Then, it seemed to be caught on the system level, and it damaged the
terminal and it began beeping, and the cpu started running at full speed. As
other processes became very slow, I had to kill the process. I didn't know
why the Control-c interrupt made the disaster. I'm going to test it
further...

Regards,

--Taro