[gopher] Re: buckd + wais

> Anyone have any clue how to use WAIS with the buckd gopher server?  All
> I can get from the documentation is to use a script, but I haven't the
> slightest on how to write such a script, nor have I found anything else
> helpful lately.

Actually, it's tricky to use WAIS with any server. What you have to do is
make a WAIS query file and feed that into waisq. It's not as simple a
matter as feeding arguments to grep, but it's much more flexible and a lot
faster. The format of a WAIS query is in the respective man pages.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser@stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off. -