Re: Issue with nsight-compute / nsight-systems Ubuntu package

+ Deity ML to see if anyone can help. I have been getting regular upvotes on my SO answer, indicating that other users are running into this issue. Therefore, it would be great if we can address it.

Thanks!
Anis

From: Anis Ladram
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 3:34 PM
To: Andreas Beckmann <anbe@debian.org>
Subject: Issue with nsight-compute / nsight-systems Ubuntu package

Hi Andreas,

I hope you’re doing okay! I am Anis from NVIDIA’s developer tools team. I recently stumbled across a StackOverflow post (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75792998/incompatible-qt-libraries-and-the-cuda-toolkit) and noticed that Ubuntu 22.04 nsight-compute and nsight-systems packages are missing a Qt library (libQt5Network.so). Could you please confirm who is in charge of maintaining these packages? NVIDIA-provided packages (from our website) do not seem to have this issue. Is it possible to update these packages to address this? When this is addressed, the dependency on libqt5network5 should be removed given that it does not work anyway due to version conflicts with our Qt binaries.

Thanks!

Anis