Re: Status of cupt

Hello Mr. Kalnischkies,

Thanks for the detailed reply! I didn't know there existed such a state of competition between cupt and apt :D

Okay, I'll check out the APT repository and see what I can do to improve it.

My main complaints about APT are:

(1) The CLI, which can be a bit "busy" at times. Perhaps adding more color, spacing, and formatting could improve this.

(2) The dependency resolution. For some reason, "apt install kde-plasma-desktop && apt purge kde-plasma-desktop && apt autoremove" still leaves many KDE packages behind, like Konsole (which is shown to be APT-Manual-Installed). Is this related to the recommends/suggests behavior?

Jeremy
(jwinnie)