apt-get update fails in apt 1.1.3/1.1.4

Hi,

After upgrading apt to 1.1.3/1.1.4,

# apt-get update

fails with

Err:1 http://security.debian.org testing/updates InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'proxy.dcu.ie'
Err:2 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian unstable InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'proxy.dcu.ie'
Reading package lists... Done
W: Failed to fetch
http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/InRelease  Temporary
failure resolving 'proxy.dcu.ie'
W: Failed to fetch
http://security.debian.org/dists/testing/updates/InRelease
Temporary failure resolving 'proxy.dcu.ie'
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or
old ones used instead.

I don't think there is an issue with my http_proxy setting as I have
no problem connecting to the net from the command line using other
commands such as mutt or ping.

Can anyone guess what could cause only apt-get to fail connecting to
the net after apt changed to 1.1.3 in sid? apt-get works fine if I
revert to apt_1.0.10.2_amd64 (last version known not to fail).

Thanks,
h.

--
+---