Help! Please!

Howdy,
I have an interesting question/issue and I was hoping you could either help me or direct me to the proper people. I am writing to you in reference to https://bugs.launchpad.net/xpad/+bug/1326107 This is a bug I filed against a package and the dev. doesn't get it either and has pointed me towards youse guys. In a nutshell: The App called Xpad seems to conflict (cannot install both at once) with XboxDrv... I think this is due to the kernel joystick module called xpad. I'm not sure what can be done to fix this, if it's an APT issue or what!?! Ahhhhhh! very confusing.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!
-Rob