Re: Configure apt to Install packages from a specific repo to, say, /usr/local?

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 12:41 +0100, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> Is it possible to configure apt to have packages from a specific
> repository be installed into /usr/local instead of /usr?
>
> - This could be useful when adding third party repositories and wanting
> a quick way to disable installed packages from it.

Hi Kaj,

I think the "schroot" package might do what you want.

Diverting individual packages to /usr/local would also need some
way of handling files in /etc and /var, and some way of handling
package dependencies.  A complete chroot is one way of doing that.

Steve