I'd like to help out with Debian.

I've read the page by Raphael Hertzog and have answered the following questions:

1. What are you enjoying and/or what are your motivations?
- I have been using Debian and Ubuntu since December 2010.  I've learnt
a lot about how the GNU/Linux operating system works by playing around
with package managers, the file system structure, and various
administrative tasks.  I consider myself a GNU/Linux power user.  What I
enjoy the most about GNU/Linux and Debian in particular is the freedom
to mold and shape the OS any way you want.  I consider APT to be the best
package manager for a binary package distribution.  I am very fond of
the free software hacker culture and I would like to be a part of it as much
as possible.
- My motivations include making substantial contributions to the free
software and Debian communities.  I would like to become a productive
Debian developer.

2. Is there something that you would like to learn?
- Yes.  I'm currently an undergraduate student of Computer Science, so my
knowledge and experience with programming languages is minimal; however, I
am open to learning anything that could be useful to the Debian/free software
community.  I would like to be a coder for the Debian project, and to learn
system administration as well (I have donated and ordered a hard copy of
the Debian Administrator's Handbook).

3. Do you want to interact with smart people?
- Absolutely.

4. Do you like to help users?
- Yes; I am always on IRC and am willing to offer help.

5. Do you like to fix software just so that it works for you?
- Yes, I enjoy making things work, especially the adventure of figuring out
how they work.

6. Do you like to build something remarkable and useful to millions of people?
- Absolutely!

As for my skills, like I mentioned above, my knowledge and experience with
programming languages is minimal.  I took a course on Java and have done some
exercises for C++.  You can see my solutions to the C++ exercises at my Bitbucket
repository:  https://hyperreallogic@bitbucket.org/hyperreallogic/misc-cpp.git
I also know some HTML and CSS.  I'm familiar with the bash shell language and
various commands commonly used on GNU/Linux systems.  I am still in university,
so I will continue to gain academic experience with programming and CS in general.

As of the present time, I do not have a job.  I am in university part-time this summer until
this coming Fall semester, when I will become a full-time student.  So I am available to
spend a good amount of hours per week on Debian-related tasks.

As for select a team to help out, I'd like to become involved in the development of APT and Dpkg.