Re: [Soc-coordination] Debdelta APT Integration - Report 2

> Currently, in our implementation, we assume that the debdeltas are
> found in the same location as the debs but I can only use it to test
> with my local repo that I created for testing since there are no such
> actual repositories. There are some debdelta repositories such as the
> one created by Mennucc[2], and we need to use those when constructing
> the delta URIs within pkgAcqDebdelta by some form of a replacement
> rule. This rule can be set as an APT configuration option.

Could you not just include both the debdelta repository URL and the
main Debian repository URL in your /etc/apt/sources.list file?

So it would look something like:
deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb http://debdeltas.debian.net/debian-deltas sid main contrib non-free

I imagine this would require apt to be modified to detect debdeltas
when running apt-get update, but I would see a setup like this as very
flexible and fit for the future (debs and debdeltas in the main
archives, no need for debdelta specific repositories).

Chris