Re: RFC: The Future of Solving Dependency Problems in APT (SAT, CUDF)

On Do, 2010-12-23 at 13:47 +0100, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> Integrating the proof into apt-get directly should be relatively simple but i
> would like to see the abstraction to be in first so that APT doesn't need to
> be linked against picosat (and all the others which will come maybe).
> Some sort of plugin system maybe…
> The version system (and a bit of other stuff) in APT has some sort of
> built-in plugin system, if we could make that more dynamic…
> (yes, i am dreaming a bit now)

OK, currently it's linked in, but here's an idea:

 (1) Create Dir::Bin::Solvers = /usr/lib/apt/solvers/
 (2) Files in this directory and ending with .so are modules
 (3) Other files in this directory are executables using CUDF

Every module has a function getSolver() returning a new solver.
--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.