URLs of installed packages

Hi Eugene,

Eugene V. Lyubimkin schrieb am Mon 19. Jan, 17:29 (+0200):
> Jörg Sommer wrote:
> > apt-get behaves differently on reinstalling.
> >
> > % LCC apt-get -o Dir::State::status=/tmp/status -o Dir::Cache=/tmp --reinstall --quiet=2 --print-uris --ignore-missing install java-common pkg1
> > 'ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/j/java-common/java-common_0.30_all.deb' java-common_0.30_all.deb 77022 SHA256:600554190a9c05d2f2b93b803eb146627208edb6acf8030f0cde3cb10a9e2bc0
> > % LCC apt-get -o Dir::State::status=/tmp/status -o Dir::Cache=/tmp --reinstall --quiet=2 --print-uris --ignore-missing install java-common pkg2
> > E: Package pkg2 has no installation candidate
> > % echo $?
> > 100
> >
> > In the first case it ignores the package it hasn't an installation
> > candidate for,
> No, first package has the installation candidate itself - it's installed
> version. Yes, there is other question why it hasn't failed to reinstall it, it
> would be good to see 'apt-cache policy pkg1' to make sure there was no other
> installation candidates.

pkg1 is a fake package. It doesn't exist in the Debian archive nor
anywhere else. That's why I used this name.

> > but in the second it fails. I've expected it would ignore
> > in the second case, too.
> Package pkg2 has really no installation candidates, so package pkg2 really
> can't be reinstalled. I believe this behavior is right.

Then the re‐installation of pkg1 should fail, too.

> > The option --ignore-missing doesn't change
> > anything.
> '--ignore-missing' has other meaning: it ignores the (versions of) packages
> that cannot be retrieved due to some reason, but available in Packages.

But isn't this the same case here? Apt should ignore the packages it
can't fetch from the archive.

> > How is it possible to make apt-get ignores non‐available not fully
> > installed packages?
> At least now - probably, no way.

So I ask a different question: How can I get the URLs of packages,
maybe known to apt. It would good if apt silently ignores packages it
doesn't know of.

My goal is to get the original file in /etc as they come with the
package.

And a different question: Can I tell apt to remove only the packages
given as option? I've a script that runs apt-get with --yes, but I don't
want to remove other packages than those given as option.

apt-get --no-remove remove $PKG

sounds silly, but it could tell apt to not select automaticly packages
for removing.

Bye, Jörg.
--
> Definiere ‚Demokratie‘ …
… eine Mehrheit beweist einer Minderheit, dass Widerstand zwecklos ist.