Installing specific package versions with python-apt

I've been trying to figure out how to install a specific version of a package with the python apt bindings. My system has sources for stable, testing, unstable *and* experimental, so installing a specific package version is a useful thing. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this with the python apt bindings. There's a markInstall() method on package objects, but nothing to select a version AFAIK. Is this even currently possible with the existing bindings?

(FYI, I'm trying to put together something similar to the gnome-dbg package, but only installing the relevent -dbg packages for programs the user has installed e.g. only installing evolution-dbg if evolution is already installed)

Thanks,

Tom Parker