What is OpProgress::Done's intended meaning? (documentation bug)

Package: libapt-pkg-dev
Version: 0.6.36
Severity: wishlist

  I've been trying to work out some odd bugs involving the aptitude status bar
being MIA, and I think that I finally found the right debugging angle to
identify the problem.  When I wrote the internal progress bar, I assumed that
OpProgress::Done indicated that the entire operation was done.  Thus, the
progress bar is hidden as soon as Done() is called.  However, it appears that
pkgDepCache::Init

 pkgDepCache::Init triggers a call to Done, followed by /more/ calls to
Update() -- I haven't tracked down exactly why, but it seems likely that it's
calling Done() when each *sub*operation completes.

  Is this how Done is intended to be used?  If so, I think it should be
clearly documented somewhere, as the name of the method alone is not very
illuminating.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|  Thank you for reading me, but the real .signature is in another email.   |