Re: weird APT problem with custom archives

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2005.05.02.0023 +0200]:
>   E: Unable to parse package file
>   /var/lib/apt/lists/debian.madduck.net_%7emadduck_packages_sponsor_Release
>   (1)

So this seems to be related to the postgrey section in my sponsor
archive. My archive is structured so that sponsor is an APT archive,
and each package, stored in a subdir, is also an archive itself.

So the following are two separate archives:

  deb http://debian.madduck.net ~madduck/packages/sponsor/
  deb http://debian.madduck.net ~madduck/packages/sponsor/postgrey/

apt-ftparchive is being used, and when it indexes the sponsor
archive (recursively), I end up with the above error. If I `chmod
0 postgrey` and then remake the indices, everything works. The
postgrey archive, by itself, works fine however.

Is this a bug in APT somehow, or apt-ftparchive? Or did I do
a mistake? Please take a second and help me, this is baffling and
I've stared at it for four days now without finding anything.

`. `'`

because light travels faster than sound,
some people appear to be intelligent,
until you hear them speak.