Re: apt-listrepository to add to apt-utils

> > i wrote a perl scipt to list all installed packages and the
> > repository it was installed from
>
> I don't think your script prints this information.  It shows from
> which source these packages would be installed if you installed them
> *now*, which is not necessarily the same thing.

Mhh - i use apt-cache to determine the repository, so if you e.g.
download a deb file from debian ftp server and install it manually,
then apt-listrepository will show the debian ftp repository as
repository source. Your are right too. But the packages listed are
installed - so you can figure out which package for exapmle came
from repository X or Y. It's more intendet to give an overview about
which packages are installed from official debian repositories and
which not, if you use e.g. backported software like me in woody.

> With apt from experimental, the following output is printed.  Is
> this intentional?
>
> apt:
>  *** 0.6.18 0
>         -10 http://proxy.enyo.de experimental/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>      0.5.21 0
>         800 http://proxy.enyo.de unstable/main Packages

No. It's a bug in the apt-listrepository script which expected only a
(positive) number as priority but not a negative one. Fixed in
attached version. Sorry for this - i don't use pinning.

> On my system, many packages are reported with a source of
> /var/lib/dpkg/status; maybe that's because it's no longer possible
> to install them from unstable.

Right. These paclages can't be found in a repository listed in your
sources.list and then apt-listrepository lists them with
/var/lib/dpkg/status like apt-cache do too. We could discuss about it
would be better for the end user to replace this with a more clear
message.

Greetings,
Marcel.

--