Re: apt-listrepository to add to apt-utils

Marcel Meckel wrote:

> i wrote a perl scipt to list all installed packages and the repository
> it was installed from

I don't think your script prints this information.  It shows from which
source these packages would be installed if you installed them *now*,
which is not necessarily the same thing.

> $ apt-listrepository
> aalib1                              http://ftp.leo.org woody/main
> acpid                               http://ftp.leo.org woody/main
> acroread                            ftp://ftp.nerim.net stable/main
> acroread-debian-files               ftp://ftp.nerim.net stable/main
> adduser                             http://ftp.leo.org woody/main
> amule                               file: woody/all

With apt from experimental, the following output is printed.  Is this
intentional?

apt:
 *** 0.6.18 0
        -10 http://proxy.enyo.de experimental/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.5.21 0
        800 http://proxy.enyo.de unstable/main Packages

On my system, many packages are reported with a source of
/var/lib/dpkg/status; maybe that's because it's no longer possible to
install them from unstable.