Re: APT

> > Yes, the patch is small indeed. I usually try not to change unnecessary
> > stuff, or to put changes in the rpm part. OTOH, I've spent the last two
> > days working on optimization, which touched on some common files. I've
> > got some quite impressive results, cutting more than half of the cache
> > building time, and other speed improvements in general areas.
>
> It would be much nicer if you could split all of your changes into
> discreet parts, that only affect one feature, or do one kind of
> improvement.

Adam, I already do the work to one side, merging changes introduced
in APT into APT-RPM. I don't have the necessary time to do the same
work for the other side. Sorry.

OTOH, all changes in APT-RPM that affect common parts are tagged with
a "CNC:200X-XX-XX" string, most with a comment. The merging back task
should be trivial.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer

[ 2AAC 7928 0FBF 0299 5EB5  60E2 2253 B29A 6664 3A0C ]