http redirect support for apt

Hi!

I'm wondering if it could be posible to add redirect support for apt. I read
discussions about this on deity@lists.debian.org archive. The only significant
argument for not supporting this in apt is speling_module (and similar
software). I think user should be able turn it on and off for some servers,
because there are some situations when redirecting is very useful.
For an example I live in a students' hostel with very slow network connection
and
we can't keep our Debian mirror always up to date. I have written a perl script
which gets file list from normal Debian mirror and from our partial mirror(s)
and then inserts or updates information in database. There is also small php
script which redirects client to proper server. It works very well with
a browser but apt doesn't want to work. :(((
Please keep in mind what rfc 2616 says about 302 redirect:

10.3.3 302 Found

   The requested resource resides temporarily under a different URI.

This is an URI so it can use diffrent protocol, so redirect can't be implementedinside http method.

Patryk Sciborek