Re: Processed: reassigning this bug to apt

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:13:13AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> APT has nothing to do with the the maint scripts. If they truely are not
> being called properly you should file this against dpkg. Personally, I
> suspect this would have been noticed by now, so something else is probably
> going wrong with your package.

Its postrm script is not rocket science:

#!/bin/sh

# $Progeny: discover.postrm,v 1.1.2.3 2002/04/29 15:55:14 branden Exp $

#DEBHELPER#

CONFFILE=/etc/discover.conf
SKIPFILE=/etc/discover-autoskip.conf
INITFILE=/etc/default/discover

if [ "$1" = "remove" ]; then
  update-rc.d discover remove > /dev/null 2>&1
fi

if [ "$1" = "purge" ]; then
  rm -f $CONFFILE $SKIPFILE $INITFILE
fi

exit 0

# vim:ai:et:sts=2:sw=2:tw=0:

I reassert: my postrm script is written correctly.

Furthermore, I cannot reproduce this bug:

zuul:/var/log# apt-get --purge remove discover
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  discover* pgi*
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 1712kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ... 88734 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing pgi ...
dpkg - warning: while removing pgi, directory `/etc/pgi/configlets/user' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing pgi, directory `/etc/pgi/configlets' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing pgi, directory `/etc/pgi/base-config' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing pgi, directory `/etc/pgi/custom' not empty so not removed.
dpkg - warning: while removing pgi, directory `/etc/pgi' not empty so not removed.
Purging configuration files for pgi ...
Removing discover ...
Purging configuration files for discover ...
zuul:/var/log# ls -l /etc/rcS.d/*discover*
ls: /etc/rcS.d/*discover*: No such file or directory

--
Branden Robinson          | GPG signed/encrypted mail welcome
branden@progeny.com       | 1024D/9C0BCBFB