*help* apt-https

I'm somewhat stuck: when I make an update through my https method I get a:

     dummypkg
   0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
   E: The package index files are corrupted. No Filename: field for
      package dummypkg.

The package index file is fine though. If I have under /var/lib/apt/lists/
in my site's index:

Package: dummypkg
Version: 1.0

(currently installed is Version 1.0)

everything is fine (and no update is done). As soon as I change Version
back to 1.0-0.1, to test updating through my method I get the above
result. I doubt the problem lies within the implementation of the https
method but instead somewhere else (like in the parsing of the soures.list
and not being able to make the link between the index file and the correct
method).

I've been looking at those beauteous tectonic platters over platters of
code of Jason's, bending my brain around overloaded dereferencing
operators and memory mapped wizzardry but I fail to find the root of the
problem.

Pointers and spinach *very much* appreciated,
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12