HTTPS method for APT

Hi guys.

First off, thanks for all of your hard work on the APT system.  It's the #1
reason that I use Debian and my best ammunition in convincing others to do
the same.

I was wondering if there's anything in the works to proved an HTTPS APT
method.  I'd like to put a private mirror up but the only machine I have
available is behind a firewall I don't own.  The only outgoing service
allowed is HTTPS, not regular HTTP.  I couldn't find anything online about a
method already around so I thought I'd check with you guys.

Thanks for your time. :)

Rob Sweet
rob@ldg.net