Graphics.h

Greetings,  I am exploring the resuscitation of the old classical
graphics.h library provided by Borland and Microsoft in the early 90s.
This capability mysteriously disappeared from these companies' standard
supplied libraries.  Without them, it is impossible to develop your own
GUI (could this be a reason?) but more importantly, it fails to deliver
on two of the promises made by C and C++--1) to deliver all
functionality machine language provides and thereby replace the
assembler, and 2) guarantee a language that is vendor independent by
being governed by an international standard as opposed to a vendor
endorsement. To me this is more important and more fundamental than the
Standard Template Library.

Can you help me identify a development environment that provides this
capability adapted to the newer graphic display devices?  (the one I
have from Borland 3.0 covers only VGA 16-colors) Such development
environment should be selected as most desirable, surpassing Microsoft
Visual Studio or any of the other IDE that does not provide it as part
of their C/C++ standard suite.

Thank you,

Rodolfo J. Martinez III