Re: few questions

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Michael Sobolev wrote:

> On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 05:18:13PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Hmm, I don't really understand your question, what are you asking?
> Sorry for being unclear. :)
>
> Let's we have a package with a complex Depends and Pre-Depends dependencies.
> At the moment, the package is installed, which means that all those
> dependencies are satisfied.  I want to know what was satisfied to allow this
> package to be installed.  For example, in case

Hmm, I assume you mean using the package library. There is a mechanism to
'glob or groups' that basically allows you lots of flexability in how you
examine the dependency information.

You can see an bit of an example of this ShowBroken in apt-get.cc, the
GlobOr function returns an iterator range that represents the current or
group and steps the input iterator..