Re: package sources

Previously Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> 'source' ? Perhaps this means the location the package resides? I'm not
> sure this is usefull, each package can have many sources..

`source' is a feature that apt(-get) does not yet implement. A `source'
is a nickname for an archive, like the suggested Origin-tag that has
been mentioned a couple of times on debian-policy and debian-devel now.
A source is an archive, which has one or more physical locations. Since
current apt-get only knows about locations this will probably require
some new code for both apt-get and apt-gnome.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl