apt-0.0.9 : some C++ issues

Hi,

first i would like to thank you all for this very nice program,
especially since it includes FTP support !  I have only one regret: the
graphical utility was removed because it was not very functional.
However i found that it was very nice for demos and in order to see all
broken packages at a glance.  Thefore i would very much welcome its
reintroduction into the apt package.

Now here is a small contribution.  As you know, the future egcs 1.1
compiler will be even closer to the C++ standard than 1.0.2.  Among
other things it will have namespaces and probably a template based
iostream.  So i tried to check apt with another very good compiler
(KCC) and found some problems :

 - namespace support : for exemple in basic.h <string> is included, but
   it belongs to the std namespace.  It still compiles with egcs but
   not with KCC.  One quick fix (working with egcs-1.0.2 too) would be

#include <string>
using namespace std;

 - templated iostream : for instance in graphics.h there is:

class ostream;

This wil not work with templated iostream.  Instead you should use

#include <iosfwd>

which works in both cases.

 - default arguments should only appear in the declaration of a
   function, not in the definition.  For exemple, in columnbar.h there
   is

class ColumnBar : public BasicWidget
{
   ColumnBar(string Columns,Widget *Parent = 0);
};

and in columnbar.cc

 ColumnBar::ColumnBar(string Columns,Widget *Parent = 0)

should be

 ColumnBar::ColumnBar(string Columns,Widget *Parent)

 - here is another random error:

"deity/graphics.h", line 304: error: duplicate parameter name
     virtual void DrawBitmap(Rect Pos,Point Pos,XPMImage &Image,unsigned long Flags = 0) = 0;

I could not go much further as apt is still very difficult to build,
even on a hamm system, and i did my tests on Solaris.

Keep up the good work,

--
Laurent.