Re: apt: Confirmation please?

>Would it be possible to add a confirmation for downloading packages like
>in dpkg-ftp. I sometimes use dselect to get *all* new packages but given
>that I update though ppp, I like to be able to tell dselect not to
>download some packages even though it knows I want to update them. It's
>just deferred until next time. It would be nice if that could also be done
>using apt.

This is probably not a very good idea. Selecting packages to install
messes up the dependencies and the sequencing code. It is highly unlikely
that the user would choose a set of packages that are actually
installable.

If you want to install individual packages then use the commandline,
  apt-get install <package>

If you want to download some then turn off PPP then simply ctrl-C APT
before killing PPP, it will resume when you run it again.

In future there might be an option to limit the amount it downloads
per-run and this would more nicely handle the problems with PPP.

Is this what you wanted, can I close the bug?