Re: Package description field

Christian Schwarz wrote:
> Richard is already working on a script to check the descriptions and is
> currently running "ispell" over everything. Perhaps he should comment on
> this.

I have the ispell results but I haven't yet found the time to turn
them into proper bugreports.

I'm not working on a script to check descriptions, that I know of :-)
I do have scripts that check the entire Packages file, and they found
two descriptions that start lines with tabs (I filed bugreports).
They don't check the descriptions very thoroughly, though.  I was more
interested in dependencies.  Unfortunately it is hard to check if
descriptions look ok without knowing what the words mean -- we may
have to leave this job to humans :-)

Of course, lintian will eventually have a script that compares
description fields to policy, and checks for things like "------"
lines can be added to that.

Richard