Special upgrade rules from rex->bo->hamm

It just ocurred to me that we might want to include a hook for special
upgrade rules akin to the script being written (mostly by Scott Ellis and
Craig Sanders) on debian-devel.

What options do we have in this regard.  It would be fantastic if Deity
could automagically detect an upgrade from rex->bo, bo->hamm, or rex->hamm
and run the appropriate set of extra upgrade rules.  I say "automagically"
because I have no idea how we could do this.  (do we run a script like
Craig's?  OR do we add extra logic into the deity code? How do we detect
such an upgrade? etc.)

Perhaps Deity should also start updating /etc/debian_version too.
Afterall, my all hamm system still says "1.3" in the /etc/debian_version
file.  It would be great if that could be changed to "1.3 + hamm" or
something once hamm packages are installed on bo system.

Just some random thoughts while I was upgrading a Debian server...

Behan

Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com
+1-613-224-7547   http://www.verisim.com/