Re: I installed a package! woo-hoo!

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> OK, the problem is that the loop in pkgTagSection::Scan bails out here:
>
>       Stop = (const char *)memchr(Stop,'\n',End - Stop);
>
>       if (Stop == 0)
>          return false;
>
> If the field being parsed ends in the middle of a line, we don't find a
> newline and we return; but Indexes[TagCount] remains unset, so the end of
> the previously parsed field is unknown. Then in Find we are hosed because
> we assume Indexes[I+1] > Indexes[I] when Indexes[I+1] == 0.

This is most odd. Certainly [I+1] is expected to be properly set.. More
quizzically is why it is ending in the middle of the line.. It probably
has something to do with the jump to a point and parse act it does,
unfortunately I can't look too close for a few weeks.

> there's a null after the u. I don't know why this got chopped.

The null is most likely just extra garbage in the buffer..

> or is there a reason it's not enabled right now?

Well I was thinking about doing something with that, like maybe break it
into lines and mark off bulletes, that sort of thing. The UI should not
really be parsing the simple markup that is the description. I have some
code to do the trick in the GUI but it needs some haxory.