Re: Uploaded apt 0.0.17-1 (source i386) to master

Hi,
>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

 Jason> On 26 Jun 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

 Jason> Sorry, but if we don't do this then we can't release a bo
 Jason> version, the semantics for a bo version require that they
 Jason> compare lower than the hamm version.  So the hamm version is
 Jason> -1 and the bo version is -0bo1 - if you have a better way to
 Jason> handle this then please..

	Then do it right. Create a orig.tar.gz file and a diff.gz
 file, and pretend that these are different Debian releases of an
 upstream apt release. At the moment; apt releases violate the
 packaging manual; I am not convinced that it be the manual rather
 than apt that should change. Especially since the diffs introduced
 are real (and small).

	manoj
--
 "The voters have spoken, the bastards..." unknown