apt-get update crash

Hi,

	I can get apt-get update to crash by just putting in a bad
 line in source.list  -- try this one:

Error http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/contrib Packages
 404 Not Found
Get http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main Packages
Error http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/main Packages
 404 Not Found
Get http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free Packages
Error http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/ stable/non-free Packages
 404 Not Found
ERROR http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/contrib/binary-i386/Packages.gz
  404 Not Found
ERROR http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
  404 Not Found
ERROR http://ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
  404 Not Found
Segmentation fault

	manoj
--
 "Faith" can be defined as "any man's hope that the human spirit is
 capable of understanding"; that anything actually matters in the