Re: Premature aborts in apt again.

On 10 Apr 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Package: apt
> Version: 0.0.5
>
> Hi,
>
> 	This is the problem. Note that is suspended sendmail and left
>  the system hanging there. dpkg --configure --pending to the rescue.
>
> 	I think we need to think about when aborts are
>  permitted. Error recovery should be pulled up higher on the list.

I can't do anything about this for some time, need some more structure
before it's easially doable. Don't expect anything till the UI is done,
unless you have some sort of simple hack?

I'm not sure it is as large a deal you make it out to be, sendmail has
been deconfigured for a long time, what is a few more mins while the
buggy script is fixed?

I assume you have filed bugs against the two packages that had failed
scripts?