Re: It's working

On 3 Mar 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 	OOooooooh, Perl. I volunteer. It'll take my mind off what C++
>  is doing to it ;-) I guess you mean to get the information from the
>  user, asking questions as needed about types and urns.

Bah, Come to the Dark Side, join us, C++ is good.. Yes.. :P

I doubt this will take you more than 10 mins to write, it should be
trivially simple:

Please give the base URL of the debian distribution. You may use file,
http or ftp URLs. eg, file:/mnt/debian, ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian,
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

URL [http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian] ?

Please give the distribution tag to get or a path to the package file
ending in /.

Distribution [unstable] ?

-- If no trailing slash on the above
Please give the components to get. eg main, contrib, non-free,
non-us.

Components [main contrib non-free] ?

Would you like to add another source [y/N] ?
-- Go to top in case of Y.

Would put in /etc/deity/sources.list

deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian unstable main contrib non-free

My sources.list has:

#deb file:/home/jgg/mirror stable main contrib
deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian stable main contrib non-free
deb http://llug.sep.bnl.gov/debian unstable main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/binary-i386/
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/binary-i386/

Thats it!

> 	For the ftp sites, one may even grab data from a well known
>  set of sites with mirror data and parse that. we should talk about
>  this in detail, but it is 2:14 am, and I am getting quite sleepy.

Nope, how mirror lists will be handled is already defined in files.sgml
and is not part of the caller.