Re: new name for Deity

My opinion (which is a surprise to nobody, I'm sure) is that "deity" is the
best name.  It's easy to remember, people can easily associate it with
Debian because it starts with "dee" and yet can just as easily be used
for any other system.  It has good connotations and easily fits with the
idea of a system-management tool.

If people choose an acronym, then I think it should be obvious what the
acronym stands for.  "pm" is okay, but is awefully short.  "dusk" says
nothing to me because it's obviously a word.

Other names are okay, too.  "trove" is okay once an associatiov has been
make with "treasure", but has no meaning (to me at least) when first heard.
"packman" and "mother" (copyright problems aside) are too "cute" for my
liking.

Behan's right, though.  This isn't your decision or Jason's decision.  This
is a choice to be made by the Deity team.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

When you love someone, you're always insecure.  ("Tell Her About It" -- B.Joel)