It's working

I'm in a good mood, I've got most of the bugs out of the Dependancy cache
and friends. The dpkg-get test program is working wonders:

Wakko{jgg}~/work/deity/build/clients/cmdline#dpkg-get upgrade
Updating package status cache... Done
Checking system integrity... Ok
The following packages have been kept back because of conflicts
   adduser modconf e2fsprogs dpkg-ftp libc6-doc libc6-dev libc6 libpwdb0
libpam0 tin exim perl ssh
156 packages to install, 0 packages to remove.
40912808 bytes to download, 5540000 bytes used after install.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Wakko{jgg}~/work/deity/build/clients/cmdline#dpkg-get install amanda-client
Updating package status cache... Done
Checking system integrity... Ok
Package amanda-client has unmet dependencies.
 Do you want to try auto installing ? [Y/n] Y
  amanda-common netbase
3 packages to install, 0 packages to remove.
433658 bytes to download, 346000 bytes used after install.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

Wakko{jgg}~/work/deity/build/clients/cmdline#dpkg-get update
Updating package status cache... Done
Checking system integrity... Ok

I can't show you all of what update does in email, but it DOES fetch,
unpack and then cache package files from the source list (via HTTP and
file URNs only, with full status information and concurrent operation).

By the end of the evening I hope to have it downloading .debs as well,
that is not too large of a streach :> Manoj has said he is going to start
work on the ordering code which is the final puzzle peice of the puzzle.
The above exercises many of the functions Deity does already, like the
AutoInstall, dep engine and so on.

Now, the interesting question is this.. Dpkg-Get was originally just a
test program to make it simpler for me to verify that bits of code are
working right. But it actually has fairly significant usefullness. For
instance, as a commandline cover to dpkg it is undoubtably better (it does
-FULL- dependancy analysis) and it could easially replace all of the
dselect methods (needs some perl interfacing glue I suspect).

Do we want to persue this? And do we want to persue this for 2.0?