Re: Package unions (fwd)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Behan Webster wrote:

> I am working on an idea more like dpkg --set-selections.  A file lists a
> set of pacakges that constitues a certain kind of debian setup (e.g.
> minimum setup, server, X workstatio, etc.).  The only thing this is used
> for is the initial setup and it has no ongoing affect as to the packages
> installed on the system.
>
> What are other people's opinions and ideas?

Yeah, I agree with you, and was thinking more along the lines of what you
said. A way to bulk single shot install/upgrade/remove a group of
packages.

The information for these sets would not be in the packages file and would
not be part of the Dependancy mechanism.

BTw, did you get the last um.. 4-5 emails in the past two days, and are
back on the list, etc?

Thanks,