Re: Context menus

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Behan Webster wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> Whoa!  You're right!  I have it one way in my head and another in my
> document!  For this situation there should only be a "delete" check box
> and no "keep" radio button (a bit like a new package).

Ouch, now you have confused me :>

> > Well, if you say 'I want 2.2' then when does the program decide that you
> > no longer want to remain at 2.2 and it is free to offer new versions for
> > installation. Or does it simply never offer a new upgrade.
>
> Simply put, do what the user had you do last time.  If last time you
> upgraded, default to "inst".  If the user last clicked "keep" then
> default to "keep" (but the "Inst version" should be the new one).

Hrm, I'm confused.. What I need is a step by step procedure of exactly how
to determine what the Install Version should be.

Here is how dselect does it:
    1. Select package of highest version

Here is how I do it right now:
    1. If Target Version is selected then select that version
    2. If Target Dist is selected then select the version of highest
       version of the same distribution.
    3. Otherwise select the versionwork:work: of highest version

The 3 check box's are controlled by a simple algo as well,
    1. If the package is marked for delete and is not installed then
       select Remove.
    2. If the package is installed and has an install version equal
       to the current version select Keep
    3. If the package is installed and has an install version no equal
       to the current version select Install
    4. If the package is not installed select Keep.

I'm not totally sure if that is what you wanted? Display of the
Inst-Version field is only done if the install version is not equal to
the Current Version.

> I'll have to look at that closer once I have the deity package
> downloaded.  It failed the first time through.  I am now redownloading
> the package.  8(  can I ftp this instead of http?  Then I could do a
> reget.

Yeah, same address but through ftp.

> > Yuk, crappy BrandX motherboards?
>
> Not at all!  These are top of the line dual pentium-II TYAN boards!  We
> should not be having these problems considering how much money we've
> paid!

Ouch, Tyan boards are really good in my experiance.