Re: Newest version

On Wed, Oct 29, 1997 at 02:23:09PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Tom Lees wrote:
>
> > There are still problems with the SLang version.
> >
> > 1) The menus should be usable with Alt+F, etc.
> > 2) There are alignment problems at the right of the tree view.
>
> That's a clipping problem actually.. It doesn't adjuect the clipping
> region after it draws the boarder. It also shouldn't show the Cur-Version
> by default so you can see the Inst-as-well field. (I think that is what
> you mean?)
>
> Making the menus use Alt-f should be done eventually. Decoding some of
> the crazy key sequence with SLang is not fun.
>
> Hm, there seems to be some screen corruption too. My use of fill seems to
> excersize some slang or rxvt bugs unfortunately. Oops, sigwich doesn't
> flush the draw cue either.. Heh ;>
>
> There are a similar number of draw abberations in the X version I have yet
> to track down, they just got introduced recently at least.
>
> > PS. How do I add the status file to a cache (or don't I?).
>
> dpkg-cache add cache /var/lib/dpkg/available:hamm:1.0 /var/lib/dpkg/status:status:1.0
>
> Will do the trick. Status should always be last on the cache line. You can
> use multiple files, I have a Packages.hamm and a Packages.bo.
>
> BTW, what is the build time for the cache on your machine?

I upgraded from my DX4, but I can give you some timings from a DX2-66 in a day ot so.

My machine is currently Cyrix M2-200/430TX/32MB RAM. I am using GCC 2.7.2.2 and
libg++272.

lpsg:~/proj/deity/deity/clients/cmdline$ time ./dpkg-cache add cache
/var/lib/dpkg/available:hamm:1.0 /var/lib/dpkg/status:status:1.0

/var/lib/dpkg/available:hamm:1.0
/var/lib/dpkg/status:status:1.0
1642 Packages, 1504 Versions, 3800 Dependancies.

real    0m7.404s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

Quite slow...