Re: Newest version

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Tom Lees wrote:

> There are still problems with the SLang version.
>
> 1) The menus should be usable with Alt+F, etc.
> 2) There are alignment problems at the right of the tree view.

That's a clipping problem actually.. It doesn't adjuect the clipping
region after it draws the boarder. It also shouldn't show the Cur-Version
by default so you can see the Inst-as-well field. (I think that is what
you mean?)

Making the menus use Alt-f should be done eventually. Decoding some of
the crazy key sequence with SLang is not fun.

Hm, there seems to be some screen corruption too. My use of fill seems to
excersize some slang or rxvt bugs unfortunately. Oops, sigwich doesn't
flush the draw cue either.. Heh ;>

There are a similar number of draw abberations in the X version I have yet
to track down, they just got introduced recently at least.

> PS. How do I add the status file to a cache (or don't I?).

dpkg-cache add cache /var/lib/dpkg/available:hamm:1.0 /var/lib/dpkg/status:status:1.0

Will do the trick. Status should always be last on the cache line. You can
use multiple files, I have a Packages.hamm and a Packages.bo.

BTW, what is the build time for the cache on your machine?

Thanks,