[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#846367: Bug#846367: thunar: hangs with network file systems when offline
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#846367: Bug#846367: thunar: hangs with network file systems when offline
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 21:32:52 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <op.ysewqlaj6hcf2l@danah>
- References: <148052647657.14407.11099178469853114360.reportbug@danah> <[🔎] email@example.com> <op.ysewqlaj6hcf2l@danah>
On Tue, 2016-12-13 at 15:50 +0200, Matias Wilkman wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2016 22:06:13 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>??
> > On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 19:21 +0200, Matias Wilkman wrote:
> > > ? I have a FUSE network file system driver, google-drive-ocamlfuse,
> > > installed. Thunar hangs on startup when the computer is offline.
> > Well, there's not much which can be done actually. Anything trying to??
> > open a
> > file on that mount will just wait for a timeout.
> Could this wait not be asynchronous, ie. non-blocking?
Well, you can't really make *everything* asynchronous. Also my guess it would
render the code pretty unreadable. But you might want to ask this directly
> > I assume you have that google
> > drive as shortcut/favorite in the sidebar?
> No, the mount point is just under my home directory, so I think thunar??
> tries to stat it when I open thunar (to the home dir, by default).
Yes, I guess so.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part