[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#846367: Bug#846367: thunar: hangs with network file systems when offline
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#846367: Bug#846367: thunar: hangs with network file systems when offline
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 21:06:13 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <148052647657.14407.11099178469853114360.reportbug@danah>
- References: <148052647657.14407.11099178469853114360.reportbug@danah>
On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 19:21 +0200, Matias Wilkman wrote:
> ? I have a FUSE network file system driver, google-drive-ocamlfuse,
> installed. Thunar hangs on startup when the computer is offline. After a
> very long time, the message "Error when getting information for file
> 'google-drive': Device or resource busy." appears. This message window,
> itself, is Not responding. Sometimes, after considerable time, this dialog
> is dismissable and thunar usable.
> In Thunar's output, there is "Error creating proxy: Error calling
> StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.UDisks2VolumeMonitor: Timeout was reached
> (g-io-error-quark, 24)".
> Obviously, some fault is to be placed on google-drive-ocamlfuse for not
> failing gracefully when there is no network (and a corresponding bug report
> will be placed with that team), but a misbehaving file system mount should
> not render Thunar unusable.
Well, there's not much which can be done actually. Anything trying to open a
file on that mount will just wait for a timeout. I assume you have that google
drive as shortcut/favorite in the sidebar? You can try to remove it and check
if that helps.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part