[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#679409: lightdm: Fails to start on boot, invoke-rc.d lightdm start fails
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#679409: lightdm: Fails to start on boot, invoke-rc.d lightdm start fails
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 15:31:56 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1346592716.3378.32.camel@scapa>
- In-reply-to: <20120819195321.GC23263@virgil.dodds.net>
- References: <1340891745.29491.8.camel@scapa> <CABNXP=TdJV6tA_ti6MWXXSV8dZ-gfLrV5Bmqx31=aeRhh6+qnQ@mail.gmail.com> <1341215069.19229.32.camel@scapa> <20120702080204.GB20167@login2.uio.no> <1341216271.19229.35.camel@scapa> <CABNXP=Qh_j4pjuqpot0q-ZrfAM7v0+bJxLgpuZeWLWVHgo6sNA@mail.gmail.com> <20120811162629.GE25141@codelibre.net> <20120811212309.GI25141@codelibre.net> <CABNXP=S45Mi2x9Z07ePj0TfjdWLEY_EFFeKR80mL-5uPZohn+A@mail.gmail.com> <20120812084802.GJ25141@codelibre.net> <20120819195321.GC23263@virgil.dodds.net>
On dim., 2012-08-19 at 12:53 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> None of the above. It's a bug in lightdm, for shipping an upstart job with
> no start condition. I have no idea why this is done; the upstart job used
> in Ubuntu for lightdm doesn't look anything like this.
> Now, there's a good chance that "fixing" the lightdm upstart job to have a
> correct start condition still won't work, because several of the
> prerequisite events are not yet available at start time with the upstart in
> Debian. I'm planning to fix this ASAP for wheezy, having spoken with Neil
> McGovern at DebConf and gotten provisional release team sign-off, but it's
> not absolutely certain this will go in or when. In the meantime, I believe
> the correct fix is for the lightdm package to drop its upstart job.
Note that the upstart job is the upstream one, untouched, afaict. I can
do the removal (pending RT upload) if it's the best way to do fix the
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part