[Pkg-xfce-devel] svn structure and 4.4 packaging

> > to prevent 4.2-isms  slipping in. What I understand by trunk is a
> > place where the common code is and branches specialize that. So thunar
> > can live in the trunk but 4.2 and 4.4 should merge from trunk and
> > modify debian/ dirs accoridngly.  there may not be many differences
> > now but you never know :)
>
> I don't really agree.  I think you're thinking of a larger project.
> It's mostly unlikely that we'll port stuff between 4.3/4.2 branches if
> we go this route.

As I said there may not be many differences. So yes instead of merging it
will
probably be just a manual copy paste since the files are few and small.

> I assume svn copy branches/4.2.3 branches/4.2.4 or  an equivalent
> > command when starting the 4.2.4 cycle, at which point 4.2.3 is frozen.
>
> Hmm, yeah I can see that this is a technical solution but prefer
> trunk/4.2 copied to branches 4.2.4 or whatever.

ok so the branches are actually tags here, you do not work on them.

But yeah there's probably no need to be too pedantic if it's such a small
project.

Jani