Request to join team on salsa and intent to backport python3-xcbgen

Hello team,

I just requested to be added to the salsa group[0], my intention is to
provide a backported package of xcb-proto 1.13-2, which effectively
means shipping both python2 and python3 libs, for polybar to be
backported.

I'm also CCing the maintainer Julien and the person who was involved
in the python3 change, Timo, to see what are your thoughts on this, or
if you'd like to provide the backport yourselves.

It's also to be mindful with the people who are working with the package today, and to make sure I'm not missing some blocker (I haven't checked if the backport is technically possible without other packages being backported yet). So this email is like an "Intention to Backport".

I believe having polybar on backports will be of a great value for our users as there seems to be a good amount of interest in using such package.

Please let me know of any considerations you have.

Regards,

[0] https://salsa.debian.org/xorg-team

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>