Re: Debian compiz screen tearing

Hi Carlos,

I do have these settings properly set. The bug isn't really with tearing on the main screen. It is with tearing on the non-primary screen.

I have the second screen set up as a separate X server running to my TV. The tearing only occurs on the second X screen.

If I make my second screen the primary screen it works fine, but then my main monitor (which has then changed to the second x server) gets tearing.

I read something about this being a timing issue between the two X servers.

This bug does not occur with any .9x versions, including the version in experimental. There are just other things missing with the experimental version.

Supposedly there is a workaround in .86 that fixes this, but again that version is not available for debian.

Any chance that there can be a fix for .84, or possibly a more completed version of .9x in experimental or unstable.

This is the only thing keeping me from using my old trust debian distro.

BTW - the tearing on the second monitor does not occur if I set it up as "cloned / twinview" - only if it is set up as a seperate X server. This , however, in my instance, is not how I use the second screen. I need it as a seperate X instance.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks for your help,

DuG