Re: apitrace in Debian

Christopher James Halse Rogers <christopher.halse.rogers@canonical.com>
writes:
> I've wrangled apitrace back into a pretty-much acceptable form in alioth
> git¹. The main remaining query is (1) manpages (urgh), and (2)
> statically linked zlib, png, snappy.

Hi, Christopher.

Thanks for wrestling this stuff.

I'm definitely interested in seeing apitrace packaged well for Debian,
and also ensuring that this stuff happens upstream. I'll definitely
review what you've got and I'll be happy to help push patches upstream
if that would be helpful.

Heck, even man pages aren't that hard for me. I can cook one up for the
top-level apitrace program at least, (my goal is to relegate all other
binaries to implementation details invoked by apitrace---similar to how
git works).

> It all works, and the tracing wrappers (glxtrace.so and egltrace.so) are
> multiarched and the correct architecture is automatically loaded. Which
> is nice.

This sounds fantastic! That will be really nice to have.

Thanks again.

-Carl

--
carl.d.worth@intel.com