Re: Looking for bug-report about the xorg transition

at bottom :-

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:
> shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> (03/05/2012):
>> Can somebody lemme know where the bug-report is ?
>
> No bug report, since the release team knows the xorg team very well (and
> vice versa), and bug reports would mean overhead.

Thank you for replying fast Cyril. Saw this
http://blog.mraw.org/2012/05/01/DXN-11/ and these in particular :-

"Unlike shared libraries, there’s no old and new library packages
(old+new SONAME); instead, the server itself provides different
packages (because of the different input and video ABI). That means
that drivers won’t be installable until they are rebuilt against the
new server. Usually, we’re talking about a few dinstall runs, meaning
less than a day. "

Installations are broken! Well, that’s unstable, and you probably know
installability-related issues are trivially solved by pulling packages
from testing when needed. This is such a case

So just have to wait it out I guess. Also read the bit about the
wayland and saw the changelog as well.

/usr/share/doc/libwayland0$ zcat changelog.Debian.gz | less

wayland (0.85.0-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Upload to unstable.
  * Wayland/Weston aren't quite ready to replace Xorg yet, but let's
    upload those to unstable anyway, so that people can find out by
    themselves. On the plus side, mesa can stop getting wayland support
    enabled in experimental, then disabled back when uploaded to unstable.
  * Update long description, wayland-demos got replaced by weston.

 -- Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>  Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:34:18 +0200

Thanks again.

--
          Regards,