Re: Ubuntu X plans for the next release

On Don, 2010-05-20 at 17:53 +1000, Christopher James Halse Rogers
wrote:

> In support of our ARM friends we'd like to package mesa's GLES support.

Cool, though can you elaborate how exactly this will help them?

> It looks like this would be split into a libegl1-mesa containing the
> library and a libegl1-mesa-drivers containing the dri, dri2 and glx
> drivers.

Note that EGL and GLES are different beasts - similar to GLX vs. OpenGL,
but there are actually separate EGL and GLES libraries.

BTW, are you talking about the Gallium or non-Gallium EGL stacks, or
both?

> Additionally, I understand that the r300g gallium driver is maturing
> rapidly, and there's a chance that it'll be the recommended 3D driver
> for mesa 7.9.  If not, I think this would also be a good candidate for a
> libgl1-mesa-experimental package.

Sounds good. It might also be nice to provide other Gallium options,
e.g. llvmpipe powered swrastg_dri.so / libgl1-mesa-swx11 or OpenVG.