Re: Plans for unstable & experimental, and autobuilding

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (17/10/2010):
> Question is: how do we handle building new versions against XServer
> 1.7; and how do we build packages for users to test before we ACK or
> NACK patches for unstable(→testing)?
>
> I'm currently setting up an autobuilder for amd64 and i386, where
> one is going to be able to upload source packages to build (either
> against unstable=1.7 or experimental=1.9); suggested branch names in
> the git repositories are autobuild-{unstable,experimental}.
>
> Details will follow, I just wanted to explain what that
> autobuild-unstable branch in drivers/xserver-xorg-video-vmware.git
> was.

http://autobuild.ikibiki.org/ has rationale, instructions, and files.

Upcoming features:
 - Debian and optionally upstream changelogs from last upload in the
   Debian archive.
 - Link to build logs.
 - “Public” (to be defined) incoming queue.

Under the hood: LXC, sbuild, and some shell/perl glue.

Mraw,
KiBi.